More than half the population in this world have a sweet tooth and nothing can keep them apart from their sugary treats. While some study suggests that their taste buds could be a reason for this, few other studies reveal that the reason behind their infinite love for something sweet could be hereditary. Nevertheless, whatever are the reasons, having too much sweet is definitely not good for anyone, mainly because it causes health problems such as bad teeth, diabetics, weight gain, etc.
Thus, the problem statement here is what to do when you know that too much sugar is bad for you yet cannot control your desire to consume some. Well, the solution is simple. Look for other alternatives, more specifically, seek out healthier options to fight your sugar cravings but at the same time please your sweet tooth.
Here are some great foods that will help you fight your craving for sugar.
- Fruits & Certain Vegetables – These are the best alternatives that are naturally sweet with high fiber Certain vegetables that are naturally sweet can also be consumed raw, for instance, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Dark Chocolate – Most of us are chocolate lovers and there is nothing more satisfying than taking a bite into your favorite However, you can swap your usual milk chocolates to the healthier dark chocolate varieties to fulfill your cravings.
- Snack Bars – This can get a little tricky when it comes to selection. You need to choose one that is rich in grains and naturally sweet ingredients like dried fruits instead of the unhealthier options.
- Others – You can also try out other alternatives for sugary foods such as chia seeds, legumes, yogurt, dates, etc. which are all naturally sweet.
- Sugar-free Products – Your last option is to pick out the sugar-free varieties of whatever you are consuming, for instance, sugar-free sweetener, sugar-free bubble gum, sugar-free biscuits, etc.
You can also fight your sugar cravings by following certain types of diets, for example, the keto diet, which allows you to consume a minimum amount of carbs that can cure your cravings for sugar as well. It is a win-win situation where you restrict what you eat but at the same time are satisfied with what you have eaten. Check out helloketodiet.com for more information on this.