A low carb diet restricts specific carbs that are foods such as bread, pasta, pizza and other sugar foods. It is generally high in protein and includes more fruits and vegetables. The diet market is filled with lots of low carb diets that help you lose weight and improve health. Commercial weight loss programs like Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, etc also supply low carb diet meals that help dieters shed weight fast. Among these commercially acclaimed weight loss programs, Nutrisystem is considered to be very convenient to follow. Here nutrisystem vs medifast pros and cons care discussed for you to choose the most suitable plan.
In any diet plan, your food choices are totally dependent on your current health, your current physical activity and also how much you have to lose. You will have to consider this as a general guideline for any diet plan that you are likely to follow. In a low carb diet, you will be eating foods like fruits, vegetables, fish, eggs, meat, nuts, seeds, dairy, fats and healthy oils and also grains that do not contain gluten. You will not eat wheat, sugar, trans fat, processed foods and low fat products. It is recommended that you avoid starchy foods if you are following a low carb diet. Though many dairy products contain low fat they probably contain added sugar.
Ensure that the following foods are added your diet menu for 7 days:
- Meat: Lamb, beef, chicken, pork; grass fed is recommended
- Fish: Trout, salmon, haddock – caught wild
- Eggs: Pasteurized eggs or omega 3 enriched
- Vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, carrots, cauliflower and others
- Fruits: Blueberries, Apples, Oranges, Pears and Strawberries
- Nuts and seeds: Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, etc
- High-fat dairy: Yogurt, butter, cheese and heavy cream
- Fats and oils: Olive oil, coconut oil, lard, butter and fish oil